THE BUY MY ACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Juukie Ltd (trading as Buy My Act), company registration no.: 12914058, whose registered office is at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX (“BMA”) provides a service to you, subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which
may be updated from time to time without notice. You are encouraged to check frequently, as our Terms and Conditions may change.
Definitions and Interpretations:
- “BMA” means Buy My Act
- “Customer” means anyone using the Service to source or contact an artist of interest
- “Directory” is the term used to describe the business of the website
- “Listing” shall mean any subscribers profile and/or videos uploaded to the website
- “Parties” means the BMA Service and, customers and, subscribers, and “Party” mean any one of them;
- “Subscriber” means the paying party or the artist, performers whose profile will be listed on the website
- “T&Cs” Terms and Conditions
Directory terms of submission
- I understand there is no guarantee that I will be approved on this site.
- I understand there is no guaranteed volume of work gained from my membership to this site.
- I understand BMA, shall determine the suitability, title and description of all videos posted on the BMA website and does not contain sexually explicit material or cause offence to persons based on their religion, age, gender,
ethnicity, disability, and any other protected characteristic.
- I understand that I will be charged a non-refundable fee of £100.00 – £120.00.
- I understand my annual subscription will be charged the recurring annual payment ever year thereafter.
Description of Service
BMA provides users with access to a collection of talented artists, including, their profiles and video content of artist performances (the "Service"). You understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements, or
promotional listings. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from BMA, such as service announcements, administrative messages and communications considered part of the Service. Unless
explicitly stated otherwise, any new features enhancing the current Service, including the release of new BMA features and services, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Please be aware you must be at least 18 years of age to
subscribe to BMA.
If you choose to register a password protected user profile with BMA; which is required if you want to submit an artist profile for reviews or contacted for bookings or to appear on the home page ‘Hottest Artist of the Week’, or take
advantage of such other services as may be offered only to users with paid membership; you agree to:
- (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and
- (b) maintain and promptly update the artist profile data and videos of your performance to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or BMA has reasonable grounds to
suspect that such information is untrue, BMA has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
Password and Security
You will receive a password and account name upon completing the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under
your password or account. You agree to immediately notify BMA of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. BMA will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from failures to comply with
Your dealings with customers found on or through the Service are solely between you and such customers. You agree that BMA shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such
dealings or as the result of the presence of such customers on the Service.
You shall respond to customers request for further information about you or your act, or information on your availability or fees within 48hrs on receipt of message. Failure to comply to this commitment could result in the non-
refundable cancelation of your account
You agree to indemnify and hold BMA, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising
out of an artist profile you submitted, or made available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your defilement of the T&Cs, or your defilement of any rights of another.
Prohibition on resale of Service
You agree not to copy, resell, reproduce, duplicate, sell, and/or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
General Practices Regarding Use
You acknowledge that BMA may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service. You agree that BMA has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications
transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that BMA reserves the right to deactivate accounts that violate our T&Cs or violate our policies. You further acknowledge that BMA reserves the right to change these general practices at
any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Changes to Service
BMA reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that BMA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any
modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that BMA, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if BMA believes that you have violated the Terms and
Conditions. BMA may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this
T&Cs may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that BMA may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the
Service. Further, you agree that BMA shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
Your dealings with advertisers found on or through the Service are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that BMA shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such
dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
BMA Registered Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that content contained in
advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by BMA or
advertisers, you agree not to rent, modify, lease, sell, loan, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service, in whole or in part.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. BMA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose
BMA makes no warranty that
- (i) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- (ii) the service will meet your requirements;
- (iii) the quality of any products, services, information, or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectation, and;
- (iv) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from BMA or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the T&Cs.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that BMA shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from:
- (i) the use or the inability to use the Service;
- (ii) the data, information or services obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
- (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or
- (iv) any other matter relating to the Service.
Exclusions and Limitations
Some rules do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
Notices to you may be made via email or other methods of communication such as SMS Text. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the T&Cs or other matters by displaying notices to you on the Service.
Common Law Trademark Information
BMA Service, and other BMA logos and product and service names ("BMA Marks") are Common Law Trademarks of BMA. Without BMA’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the BMA Marks.
BMA respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users and subscribers to do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please
provide BMA the following information:
- (1) a statement by you that you have a belief that the use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (2) a description of the infringed copyrighted work;
- (3) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
- (4) a description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- (5) your address, email address, and telephone number;
- (6) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
Any copyright infringement claims should be sent via registered mail to the following address:
Juukie Ltd (t/a Buy My Act)
160 City Road
The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and BMA, succeeding any other agreements between you and BMA. The T&Cs and the relationship between you and BMA shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
The failure of BMA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the T&Cs shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the T&Cs is found by a court of competent authority to be invalid, the parties
nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the T&Cs remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute
or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the T&Cs must be filed within six (6) months after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever disqualified.
Subscription and Billing
As a BMA subscriber, you are expressly agreeing that we are authorised to charge you an annual fee at the rate at the time of purchase to the bank card you provided during sign up. The annual fee will be charged on the date that
corresponds with the date you signed up for your subscription. You can access your account at anytime to check your renewal due date. Your BMA account will continue year to year unless and until you cancel your subscription, or your
account is terminated by us. You must cancel your subscription before it renews each year in order to avoid billing of the next year’s charge to your bank card. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment and there are no refunds
or credits for partial months. You may cancel your BMA subscription within your account at any time by logging in to your account. For additional information contact customer service via the Contact Us service
Web Directory Billing
As a BMA customer there is no chargeable fee to search and view profiles and videos and contact artists of interest. For additional information contact customer service via the Contact Us service